Monday, February 28, 2011

Remembering Things Past

We took a taxi from the port back to the neighborhood of our tanguera week last September. We arrived at the Abastos shopping center, made a quick visit to the Cote market and then took another short ride to Las Violetas for lunch. We had an enjoyable repast. I had to try the fusilli al fierrito which I had read so much about in my Bodegones book. They were delicious, although not what I expected. Somehow I thought that fierrito meant theywould be spicey - shows how much Italian I know. Seems the fierrito is the knitting needle used to shape them. (fusilli)  
The Tiramisu also gave some pause for thought.


Then back to the ship and a rest before dinner as we left the port of Buenos Aires and headed towards Uruguay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment